AlwaysCarryABook

Always Carry a Book!

I am a fantasy fan first and foremost! I will, however, read anything interesting as long as its not crime fiction. I never go anywhere without a book/ebook!

Saving Francesca - Melina Marchetta Back in high school my friend repeatedly recommended this to me but I never got around to reading it. Definitely wish i had, this is a really good YA novel!

I liked the diverse personalities of Frankie's group of friends, it made for some lovely humour and interesting dialogue.

Unpopular opinion I'm sure, but I didn't really warm to Will at any point. I was turned off him as soon as we found out about his girlfriend. About halfway through i was secretly hoping for Thomas' character to grow and become lead love interest instead. Ah well.

I didn't give it 5 because Frankie burst into tears way too many times, it got annoying. There are other ways to express emotion than tears. Also, her family was a little too 'Brady bunch' like and i couldn't relate.

All the same, I enjoyed this and may read some of Marchetta's other books in the future. She writes well and doesn't centre her novels on romantic drama, which is refreshing in the YA genre.

4 Stars.